Water Filtration Facts You Need To Know
Water filters eliminate harmful toxins and chemicals from the water you drink. Filters are purchased to help improve the taste and odor of the water. It is not to be confused with a water purifier. Water purifiers are systems that eliminate up to 95% of contaminants that are present in water. Continue reading to learn about some interesting water filtration facts.
Important Facts About Water Filtration
If you already have a water filtration system, or if you are considering purchasing one, you should know some facts about water filtration.
- Water filtration is better and cleaner than bottled water. It is highly recommended that people avoid drinking bottled water due to the contaminants still present in them. Contaminants are also present in the bottles’ carbon-based chemical composition.
- Saves money. Water filtration is a lot less than buying bottled water. Tap water is less than a penny a gallon. The cost of bottled water is at least 300 times more. Additionally, they are less damaging to the environment than bottled water.
- Low-maintenance. Water filters require carbon filters that must be replaced often. While your dishwashing machine, washing machines, and showers will still use tap water, the water your family drinks is purified.
- Better tasting. Not only does filtered water taste better, but it also smells better too.
- Designed to eliminate harmful chemicals. Water filters eliminate contaminants, heavy metals, and other toxins that are found in tap water. Depending on the type of filter you purchase, it will purify your water differently. Some will physically block contaminants while others will draw toxins to the filter media.
- Increased use of shower filters. More and more people have begun to use shower water filters due to the negative health effects that chlorination can have on people. Besides installing shower water filters, many households have begun implementing whole-house water filtration systems.
The most effective way to ensure that you are drinking healthy water is to, of course, use a water filter. Toxic water kills more people every year than any form of violence. Another fact to remember is that over 80% of the wastewater in the world is dumped and left untreated. This water then goes back into the environment. With water filters, such as “Life Straw”, you are simply able to drink directly from a toxic water source. The filters present in Life Straw block bacteria and many parasites.
Categorised in: Water Filtration