Hard water, or water containing high traces of minerals like magnesium and calcium, is prevalent throughout the country. The Phoenix area is especially notorious for having hard water, which causes problems for appliances in homes across the Valley of the Sun.
Thankfully, there’s a solution to hard water woes: installing a water softener. Keep reading to learn more about water softeners and how they can help your appliances in Scottsdale, AZ:
- No scale buildup: Hard water is an issue because the minerals don’t flow freely through the pipes and to each appliance connected to the plumbing system. This is why you may see chalky buildup on faucets. A water softener removes all of these minerals before they enter your appliance, which keeps them working better for longer.
- Less wear and tear: The scale buildup mentioned above causes a lot of wear and tear on each appliance connected to the plumbing system. Dishwashers, washing machines and water heaters all have to work harder to do their job, which leads to a shorter lifespan. Eliminating that nasty buildup is the top way to ensure you don’t have to replace your appliances anytime soon.
- Maintain efficiency: In addition to shortening their lifespan, hard water can also make your appliances less efficient. For example, a water heater that’s affected by mineral buildup will have to work harder to do its job. Because water heaters account for up to 18 percent of a home’s energy bill, poor efficiency can be a significant problem. Water filtration systems are the key to ensuring highly-efficient appliances.
Other benefits of soft water
On top of extending the lifespan of appliances throughout your house, there are several other reasons to install a water filtration system. These are a few other perks of getting a water filtration system to help your appliances in Scottsdale, AZ:
- No strange odors or tastes: The good news is that hard water is safe to drink. However, it may have a funky smell or taste. Running water through a Brita pitcher won’t help—you’ll have to install a water softener to eliminate any weird tastes or odors.
- Cleaner dishes and clothes: Appliances that use hard water often do a poor job. Dishwashers can leave dishes and silverware looking spotted, while washing machines may cause staining. Besides handwashing, the only way to treat those problems is by installing a water softener.
- Healthier skin: Getting out of the shower and feeling a chalky substance on your skin isn’t the best way to start the day. Hard water leaves mineral traces on your skin, leaving it looking and feeling less than stellar. A water softener actively removes all of those minerals and ensures your skin is in tip-top shape.
Make the switch to soft water today
If you’re ready to extend the life of your appliances in Scottsdale, AZ and experience all the other benefits of a water conditioning system, call our team at WES Water. We offer free in-home consultations to teach you everything there is to know about water treatment.
Categorised in: Water Filtration Systems