The Importance of Water Purification and Filtration
All humans require access to clean, drinkable water. It is essential for healthy body function, and a necessity for all life.
By prioritizing water filtration, you ensure you are getting the cleanest, purest water possible. Having high-quality drinking water available to you at all times encourages you to drink more water to keep yourself healthy, and there are a variety of other benefits to consider as well.
Here’s an overview of the importance of water filtration in Scottsdale, AZ and why you should consider purchasing a whole-house water filter:
- Improved taste: One of the most noticeable benefits of having purified drinking water is that it tastes a lot better than water that is overloaded with contaminants like chemicals, chlorine, bacteria, heavy metals and other sediment or substances. When you have access to better-tasting water, you’re more likely to drink it on a regular basis. When you consider how much water people are supposed to drink each day, this is an important factor to consider.
- Reduced disease risk: There’s been a variety of studies conducted with a focus on how purified water reduces the risk of certain diseases. For example, one study indicates water filters help reduce the risk of colon cancer, rectal cancer and bladder cancer thanks to their reduction of chlorine and its byproducts. In addition, the removal of bacteria like cryptosporidium, E. coli and giardia helps to significantly reduce the risk of gastrointestinal diseases.
- Improved general wellbeing: Every health expert will tell you that drinking plenty of clean, pure water will improve your overall wellbeing. This is important for everyone, but especially for children, who need clean, healthy water to boost their developing immune systems.
- Protection against toxins: Water filters provide a final defense against thousands of known toxins that can get into the body through drinking water. Without a filtration system in place, it becomes easier for these toxins to permeate your drinking water and make you sick.
- Remove hardness: Certain types of water filtration systems address water hardness, which is beneficial not only for taste and health, but also for some of the fixtures in your home. Over time, hard water can cause scale buildup on the inside of faucets or inside your plumbing fixtures. The more scale builds up, the more it will affect your water flow and pressure, potentially clogging up your fixtures or appliances. In addition, hard water can leave behind spots on dishes when you wash them, or can result in your fabrics not being as soft after you run them through your washing machine. Filtration resolves these problems.
- Retain healthy minerals: There are still some healthy minerals you’ll want to retain in your drinking water. Certain types of filters, such as carbon water filters, are designed to remove toxic contaminants while still keeping those healthy minerals in place.
To learn more about the importance of water purification and how you can benefit from an investment in one of our water purification systems in Scottsdale, AZ, we encourage you to contact the team at WES Water today.
Categorised in: Water Filtration Systems, Water Purification System