Are you in the market for a water filtration system for your home? As with any new appliance, it’s important you do your research and due diligence before you make a purchase. Here are a few examples of some of the most common mistakes people make when buying a water filtration system in Scottsdale, AZ that you should be sure to avoid:
- Opting for too much power: There’s really no need to purchase a system that delivers far more power than what you’ll need for your home. Ultimately, you’ll just be spending extra money for a high-powered system that doesn’t really benefit you.
- Purchasing a system that’s too small: Just as you can purchase a water filtration system that is too large, you can also end up with one that is too small. This is a problem that most commonly occurs among people purchasing whole-house filtration systems. There are several major standard sizes, and people often end up with filter housings that use only a 10” x 2.5” cartridge, the smallest of the available standard sizes. You’ll find the filter will clog quickly, forcing you to change cartridges frequently or deal with low water flow. Talk to an expert and get some advice on properly sizing your system for your home.
- Failure to test the water: Before you purchase any kind of water filtration system, you should conduct a test of your home’s water. This will provide you with some important information about the kinds of contaminants that are actually present in your water. Now, if your goal with a water filtration system is simply to make your water taste better or to remove a little bit of hardness, then a test probably isn’t necessary. But if you’re purchasing a filter based on the belief that you have some contaminants in your water or are planning on putting a significant amount of money into your system, you should make sure to get a laboratory test done first. The results will provide you with more information about the kind of system you should opt for.
- Buying based solely on brand name: It’s understandable to want to simplify the process by purchasing a water filtration system from a brand you know and recognize, but you shouldn’t rely on this. Instead, make sure you have done your research into the available options so you’re not basing your purchase on your perceptions of the brand that made the equipment. Similarly, just because one filtration system is priced higher than another does not necessarily mean the higher-priced system will give you better results, or that it is a better fit for your home.
- Not purchasing a filter system: Some people get frustrated with the search and give up. Don’t get confused by the wide variety of products—if you’re in need of water filtration, some kind of system will always be better than none.
For more information and tips for buying a water filtration system in Scottsdale, AZ, we encourage you to contact WES Water today.
Categorised in: Water Purification System