Dealing with hard water is a pain for both you and your plumbing. The “scaling” left by minerals on your sinks, in your tubs and faucets and clogging up your plumbing and appliances is not only frustrating to clean up, but can also reduce the lifespan of your pipes and appliances. We need to use water in so many different areas of our everyday lives, so getting a water softener in Scottsdale, AZ can save you hassle and money.
You might have heard of salt-free water softeners, also known as water conditioners or descalers. Instead of using the salt-based ion exchange of a traditional water softener, these use a “descaling” process that changes the structure of the minerals in the water. Right now, the city of Scottsdale is even offering a financial incentive to get rid of your old salt-based system—read on to find out why you should consider going salt-free.
What is a salt-free water softener?
Salt-free water softeners rely on water conditioning technology to transform the minerals in the water into “hardness crystals,” which won’t adhere to surfaces, therefore keeping said minerals from building up in your pipes and appliances. The minerals are still in the water, but they won’t leave scale behind.
If you’re a fan of the “slick” feeling of softened water, however, keep in mind that a salt-free system won’t provide the same sensation since the minerals are present.
Here’s a closer look at the benefits of using a salt-free water softener:
- No wasted water: One of the biggest problems with traditional water softeners is the amount of water they waste. Salt-free systems don’t waste any water, keeping your bills and environmental impact low.
- Maintenance free: Our clients love the maintenance-free nature of salt-free systems. While salt-based systems don’t require heavy maintenance, what could be better than no maintenance at all?
- Extend the lifespan of your appliances, fixtures and plumbing: Preventing scale buildup will keep you from needing maintenance for your water fixtures and appliances, ensuring you save more money over the long term.
- Reduce soap usage: With fewer minerals deposited on surfaces, you may see a reduction in the amount of soap you need to use.
- Brighten your laundry: Many salt-free softener users notice brighter laundry and longer lives for their clothing, sheets and linens.
- Get a rebate from the city of Scottsdale: Right now, the city of Scottsdale is offering a rebate to remove salt-based water softeners, based on the amount of water they waste. Take advantage of this deal and go salt-free right away!
Water softeners in Scottsdale, AZ
Ready to make the jump to a salt-free water softener? Call the team at WES Water and take advantage of our more than 35 years of experience working with water softeners, purifiers and filtration systems. Whether you’re a residential, commercial or industrial customer, we can help you find the right system and install it flawlessly. Reach out to us today to start exploring your options. We look forward to assisting you soon!
Categorised in: Water Purification System